Welcome everyone to DAY 1 of my installment of 12 Days of Cozy Christmas Crafts! I’m so excited to share with you all the crafts that inspired me this season to decorate my home for the Holidays. I’ve got so much planned and so many fun and cozy crafts to share with you, I really do hope you enjoy this installment.
Today I’m sharing with you this very easy and very inexpensive advent calendar wreath.
I made it last year, and you might remember it if you’ve been following me along since then. So I decided that I just had to start off with this one, because it’s so simple to make and it’s got a great pay off!
Isn’t it just pretty? I think the simplicity is what makes it so beautiful.
So now, gather up your supplies and let’s make one!
D. I. Y. PINE WREATH ADVENT CALENDAR
You will need:
- 12″ or bigger embroidery hoop
- Pine cones 4-6
- Glue gun
- Pine Needle Garland
- Card stock for envelopes and inserts
- Number Stickers #1-24/25
- 24/25 Clothespins
I found most of these supplies at the dollar sore and some at Wal-Mart, except for the hoop which I got at the craft store and used my coupon (yay for coupons!).
1. Start by tying up 24/25 short and long strings to the bottom of the hoop. Make sure they’re secure by adding a drop of hot glue. You want to add different sized strings to create the clustered look you see in my project.
2. Once you’ve done that attach a clothespin to the end of each string with your hot glue.
3. Next you have to tie your pine needle garland to the bottom half of your hoop. Tie it in the middle and the two sides. You may also add a bit of hot glue if it needs it. Then fluff it up real nice!
4. Add your pine cones across the pine needles on the bottom of the wreath. Make sure you add plenty of hot glue and hold your cones it until the hot glue is dry.
5. Now for your advent cards you just need to use a mini envelope template (I would search Pinterest!) and cut out 24, or 25 if you want to open one on Christmas Day.
Note: If you are lucky enough you can use your cutting machine and cut them out that way like I did, Yay!
6. Then add your advent numbers to each card. Decorate you envelopes as much or as little as your heart desires.
I added some that my husband and I could enjoy and I added some where we could do things together as a family. I’ll be honest though, I’m excited for my baby to get a few years older because I just want to see the look on his face every day as he opens up a new present!
Just don’t forget to make each day about the spirit of Christmas because that what you’re counting down to!
8. Add some jute to the top of the hoop to hang.
That. Is. It.
You should end up with this beauty!
Is it gorgeous? It’s so fun to make such a pretty advent that you get to open up every day!
As an update for 2016 I decided to keep the wreath and let go of the cards since I was having a different advent for my son with little gifts every day.
So, thanks so much for coming and taking a look at Day 1 of my 12 Days of Cozy Christmas Crafts.
Come back tomorrow for Day 2 and see what new easy, inexpensive, and cozy craft you can make before this Christmas is gone!
What do you think? Isn’t this advent just simple and easy to do? Will you give it a try?
Leave a comment. I would love to talk!